Wednesday, 08 January 2014 18:21

Grand Canyon National Park by Helicopter - 5 Ideas for Getting the Ideal Flight

You should make 2014 the year you take a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon. To help you get started in the right direction, I wrote up the top 5 things you need to know.

From Las Vegas

The first tip is that helicopters from Las Vegas only fly to the West Rim. What should you do if you have your heart set on touring the South Rim? The South Rim is too far for a chopper but you can go by plane and get there in about an hour.

Next is the fact that helicopters are only allowed to land at the bottom of the West Rim. Authorities at the South Rim have banned this due to noise regulations. Thus if you want to get to the base, you've got to depart from Las Vegas, which is the only place from which bottom-landing trips depart.

The helicopters used in the tours hold seven people, including the pilot and six passengers. That means if you have more than six people in your group, you will have to split up for the tour. If you don't want to split up then you should take an airplane tour instead. Planes can easily hold up to 19 people and thus all the people in your party can fly together.

Window Seats

Then there are window seats. Actually, the seating in the choppers is determined by the weight of the passengers. Therefore, there is no guarantee you will get a window seat. Still, it is possible to book one when you book your tour online. But even that's not guaranteed (and if you don't get it you won't be charged).

So that covers four important things you should know about Grand Canyon helicopters. Another big tip is to upgrade to a tour in an EcoStar 130. Yes, I know they are more expensive but these choppers are the kings of the sky. These choppers have 180-degree wraparound windows, huge cabins, and stadium style seats that offer the ultimate in comfort and scenic viewing.

Before I wrap, a couple of words about bookings. These tours are very popular so book your seats well in advance. During holidays, helicopters can be sold out for days. Try to book your seats at least a week ahead. You want to purchase your tour online too. The internet is were the best rates are found.

Cold Weather

And do understand that it's cold out here in the southwest despite the fact that Las Vegas sits in a desert. Be sure to dress appropriately in sturdy shoes, long pants, a jacket, hat, and gloves. I usually go the "layers" route, which lets me peel off a sweater or two if I get too hot.

Hopefully these tips answer your questions about Grand Canyon air tours. I can tell you from my experience that these are the top questions I get when I'm helping people via email or in chat on my own sites. By learning about what to expect, you can pick the best air tour for you. Just remember to book your flight online. It is super convenient and you'll save money too.

Tips From the Author 
Prepared to fly Grand Canyon National Park? Here's the author's listing of the leading helicopter tour companies: http://grandcanyoncheap.com/helicopter-tours.html Next, visit here for flight offers:http://grandcanyoncheap.com/helicopter-deals.htmlhttp://amazines.com/

Related items

• In the Shadow of Matterhorn - The Dramatic Rescue Operation of Ski Tourers in the Alps In the Shadow of Matterhorn - The Dramatic Rescue Operation of Ski Tourers in the Alps

In the mountains, where nature abides by its relentless laws, any expedition can turn into a struggle for survival. This became a reality on Saturday when a group of six ski tourers went missing in the vicinity of Tête Blanche, a perilous peak in the Pennine Alps, on the Swiss-Italian border. Their story serves as a cautionary tale for all who yield to the mountain’s allure, not always fully aware of the potential consequences.

• Renting apartments for business trips Renting apartments for business trips

We live in times when everyone is in a hurry. This is especially noticeable in business because even a novice entrepreneur knows that time is money.

• Where is Krakow? Where is Krakow?

Krakow is in Poland. This is the simplest answer to the question “Where is Krakow”. What else is there to know?

• Escape from your daily life taking a Chernobyl day trip Escape from your daily life taking a Chernobyl day trip

Are you the one who thinks that sunbathing in Turkey or Egypt isn't the best weekend? If you want to have a really unforgettable trip, take an excursion to Chernobyl. 

• Annapurna trekking - an amazing adventure Annapurna trekking - an amazing adventure

Many tourists visit Nepal each year to admire its extraordinary nature and the beauty of the Himalayas.